Pine nuts—the edible seeds of pines—offer an herbal, crunchy taste in these small, tender cookies. You might be surprised to learn that these delicious treats are filled with whole grains, are light in added sugars, and include a dose of healthy fiber, too. Using aquafaba—bean liquid reserved from canned beans—these cookies have a fluffy texture, and golden brown surface. They are delightful served for dessert (I like to serve them with seasonal fruit), as a snack with coffee, or a treat in kids lunchboxes. With only 7 ingredients (most of them pantry staples to boot), you can get these simple, rustic Vegan Pine Nut Oat Cookies done in under 30 minutes!
These crunchy, tender cookies are inspired by the goodness of pine nuts, oats, and whole grains. Light in sugar and fat, these Vegan Pine Nut Oat Cookies rely on aquafaba to give them a wonderful texture.
- Place aquafaba and brown sugar in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer (a standing mixer works best) until mixture is very thick and peaks form (about 4-5 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add vegan margarine and vanilla and gently mix on low just until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix gently on low until well combined (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the pine nuts.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch circles and place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until slightly golden and firm.
- Remove and store in air-tight container.
- Makes 20 cookies.
Make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free flour instead of wheat flour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 83 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: vegan cookie, vegan oat cookies, easy vegan cookie, healthy vegan cookie
For more plant-based cookie recipes, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.