Springtime is known as a season of renewal, rejuvenation, and growth so why not apply the same concept to your workout and overall health goals?
Spring is a perfect transitional season to lose those winter blues and start springing into action with a new workout routine. It’s the perfect time to invigorate your muscles and put your mind into your fitness!
This Total Gym strength circuit can be done as a stand alone quick workout when time is tight, or it can be incorporated into your other fitness routines. It’s a surefire way to reinvigorate your workouts, rejuvenate your muscles, and renew your fitness commitments to yourself.
SPRING STRENGTH CIRCUIT
• Learn the exercises properly before executing the workout.
• Adjust the incline to your strength level and modify as needed.
• Perform the following exercises listed in circuit format for 10-15 reps/ exercise.
• Repeat as many sets as desired.
• GB = Glideboard
• VC = Vertical Column
Uneven Squats (R/L)
• Focus: quads, hamstrings, glutes
• Do: place one foot on the GB and position the other foot parallel on the floor with the toes lined up to the other foot’s heel. Press the hips back and lower into a squat. Keep the torso straight and shoulders back throughout the motion.
Pull-ups (over or underhand grips)
• Focus: upper back, lats, biceps
• Do: lie prone on the GB and place hands onto the pull-up bars in either underhand or overhand grips.
(Cross ankles to keep legs clear from floor.) Begin to pull your bodyweight up into a pull-up. Return to the starting position with control.
Incline Plank Rock Push-ups
• Focus: shoulders, chest, triceps, core
• Do: Face the VC to assume a plank position with feet at the bottom base and hands positioned on the sides of the GB. Slightly open and close the GB with control 1x, then perform 1 pushup. (That counts as 1 rep.)
Reverse Stationary Lunge Pulse (R/L)
• Focus: hamstrings, glutes, quads, core balance, stability
• Do: stand at the base facing away from the VC. Balance by keeping one foot on the floor and placing the other foot on the GB (split stance). Open the GB and keep it stationary while you lower and lift into a lunge. Repeat both sides.
• Focus: abdominals, obliques
• Do: sit on GB facing away from VC with knees bent. Hinge and lean back slightly to form a c-curve of torso. Begin to rotate from side to side to train your obliques.
Check out the video to see how these exercises are performed on your Total Gym.
Now spring to it and train hard!