I love a fresh, crisp salad featuring crunchy Chinese cabbage. This healthy, vegan, gluten-free Peanut Chinese Cabbage Salad is the perfect accompaniment for sandwiches, curry dishes, and stews. Plus, it stores well for a few days. Take it along on your next picnic or potluck and watch it disappear! This salad is packed with a variety of colorful veggies, including cucumbers, bell pepper, green onions, and cabbage; and flavorful additions like jalapeño, parsley, mint and peanuts—all tossed together with a soy ginger vinaigrette. Light in calories and fat, and rich in vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, this salad is a great addition to your plant-powered lifestyle.
This vegan, gluten-free salad is rich with the crunchy textures and flavors of peanuts, Chinese cabbage, bell peppers, cucumbers, and herbs.
- 4 cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage (also known as napa cabbage)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (about 7 ounces)
- 1 small cucumber, diced (about 6 ounces)
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Toss together cabbage, onions, bell pepper, cucumber, jalapeno, parsley, mint, and peanuts in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients: oil, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, and agave syrup.
- Gently mix in dressing and distribute well.
- Chill until serving time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 98 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: salad, cabbage salad, vegan chinese salad
Try a few of my other favorite plant-based salad recipes:
Purple Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Mandarin, Quinoa, and Kale Bowl
Arugula Salad with Radishes and Avocado and Truffle Lemon Vinaigrette
Potato, Bean and Olive Salad
Green and Gold Brown Rice Salad
Vegan Kale Cesar Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.