How does a tasty and nutritious pizza sound? Even better, a keto-friendly pizza that has all of the flavors but none of the carbs? If that sounds like something you’d enjoy, these keto cabbage pizzas will be a treat.
As the name suggests, the base of these pizzas is crispy cabbage. To make the crispy cabbage pizza bases, you need to cut a fresh green cabbage into thick slices (rounds) and then bake them until cooked through and crispy. When the cabbage cooks, it transforms from slightly bitter to sweet and silky-smooth. It’s perfect for a natural pizza base.
Once the cabbage bases are ready, simply add a layer of mustard as a base sauce and then top them off with corned beef, onions, and cheese for the pizza “filling.” The pizzas are then baked until cooked all of the ways through and crispy on the top and bottom.
Our filling for this recipe is Irish-inspired and provides you with lots of energy without consuming any carbs. However, if you prefer you can swap the corned beef for bacon or ham or any other meat and also add other vegetables too like capsicums or courgettes.
When people first see cabbage being used as a pizza base, they are often skeptical but quickly change their minds when they take their first bite. Give this recipe a try for lunch or dinner, we promise you and your family won’t be disappointed!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Cabbage Pizzas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounce green cabbage
- 2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 8 ounce corned beef
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Slice the cabbage in half then into smaller slices, making the “dough” of the pizza. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast these in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Chop up the green onions and the corned beef.
5. Once the cabbage is ready to take out of the oven, smear the whole grain mustard onto the cabbage pieces. Top with corned beef and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes just until the cheese is melted.
6. Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Cabbage Pizzas. Each serving comes out to be 343 calories, 24g fat, 8.1g net carbs, and 19.7g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|28.00 ounce green cabbage||198||0.5||46||19.8||26.2||10.1|
|2.00 tablespoon whole grain mustard||19||1||2||1.3||0.6||1.2|
|8.00 ounce corned beef||569||43.1||1.1||0||1.1||41.2|
|4.00 ounce cheddar cheese||458||37.8||3.5||0||3.5||25.9|
|0.25 cup green onion||8||0.1||1.8||0.7||1.2||0.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||343||24||13.6||5.4||8.1||19.7|