These low-sugar, kid-friendly Berry Oat Tahini Bars—filled with the goodness of fruits, whole grains, and sesame seeds—are perfect for packing up for lunches and snacks (for young and old alike!), or for a picnic, hike or post-workout power up. In fact, the whole family will enjoy these healthy snack bars! Soft and allergy-friendly, these Berry Oat Tahini Bars pack in whole grains, fruits and seeds, with just a tiny bit of pure maple syrup for natural sweetening power.
Watch me make this recipe in my Plant-Powered Live Show on Instagram here.
These completely plant-based, healthy kid (and adult) friendly bars are very low in added sugars, plus they are packed with whole grains, seeds, and fruits.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place berry applesauce, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, flour, oats, flax seeds, baking powder, and salt in the container of a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until smooth—about 2-3 minutes.
- Spray a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and spread it evenly in the pan.
- Place fruit spread/jelly in a small dish and mix in water until smooth. Spoon over batter evenly and place pan in the center of the oven.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until fork inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice into 9 bars.
To make this recipe gluten-free use a gluten-free flour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
For other plant-based bars, check out the following:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.