Easy and delicious on-the-go breakfast cookies
Do you find you just don’t have time for breakfast or you’re not a huge breakfast fan? Try these delicious, nutritious and easy breakfast cookies. They can be stored for the week in the fridge or frozen for a later date.
Makes 12 cookies
What You Need
Apple Cinnamon Oat Breakfast Cookie Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk (cows or non-dairy beverage like almond milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 “flax egg” (1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 Tbsp water, let sit for a few minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
How to Make the Apple Cinnamon Oat Breakfast Cookie Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir. Next, add all remaining ingredients and mix again until everything is combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the batter onto the parchment paper. Pat the tops down a little and bake cookies for 15-17 minutes, until firm and cooked through. Let cool on a wire rack before eating.
Try this easy and delicious apple cinnamon and oat breakfast cookie and let us know on social media by tagging us on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition!
Nutrients per serving
40 g Carbohydrates
7.9 g Protein
6 g Fat
5 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas? Check out these recipes!