Exercise is good for everyone, irrespective of age. A regular fitness routine for kids improves school performance and makes them less prone to stress, anxiety, and depression. Similarly, a healthy diet and good fitness routine can add years to your father’s lifespan. If that’s what you want for your precious dad, it’s time to make him your workout buddy and try some workout partner exercises. Fitness can be introduced to them as a fun activity. It will also be a great way to strengthen your bond with your dad.
Health Shots spoke to Deepanvita Biswas, Premium yoga coach, Fittr, who listed some dad-friendly workouts that you may do to help him stay fit and fab forever.
So girls, here are 6 workout partner exercises to try:
1. Cat Pose
This pose gently massages the spine and increases mobility while stretching the back and neck.
- To come into the pose begin with sitting on the yoga mat, facing each other.
- Now come to all fours, with your heads almost touching.
- Extend your right leg out behind you, flex your foot and look forward.
- Place your left hand on your dad’s shoulder to counterbalance.
- Your dad will extend their left leg and put their right hand on your shoulder.
- Hold the pose for a few breaths and then signal to each other to come out of the pose together.
- Repeat on the other side.
- For this, sit in an L position facing your workout partner.
- You could either press your flexed feet together, or one person could bring their feet inside the other’s legs.
- Reach forward and take each other’s hands.
- To begin the seesaw, you can lean back, bringing your father forward. After this, your father will lean back, bringing you forward.
- Each of you can take turns leaning back and then bending forward to create the seesaw.
- Try this back-and-forth movement a few times.
3. Warrior pose
This pose stretches your hips, groin and shoulders while helping open your chest and lungs. It builds stamina and concentration.
- To begin, stand next to each other with your back touching so that one of you is facing forward while the other is facing backwards.
- Step your left foot back, placing the foot so that it is angled slightly outward.
- Take your arms up parallel to the ground, bend your front knee, and look forward.
- Take your right hand to reach for your father’s left hand, while wrapping your left hand back behind you and reaching for your dad’s right hand.
- Take a few moments in this pose.
- Then switch sides and repeat the steps.
Plank is one of the most important exercises among isometric holds to strengthen your core. It can be fun doing it together. Doing planks will strengthen both father’s and daughter’s body.
- Place your elbows in line with the shoulders and hold your body in a straight line.
- Hold the position and start slowly.
5. Body weight squat
Squats are a strength training exercise and will help lose weight by burning unnecessary weight. During squats, several muscles in the upper body and lower body work simultaneously and are highly effective.
Push up exercises can be fun to do with a partner and what better than doing it with your father? A beneficial workout that can be enjoyed together.
- Place your hands at chest level, elbows tucked inside and draw an imaginary straight line from your head to knee joint.
- Follow that path and start doing push-ups.
- Practice it by reducing the angle between your arms and the body to achieve better results.Do these exercises with your best workout partner and it will not be long before your father will turn into the coolest dad on the block! So all you loving daughters, let the fun begin.
www.healthshots.com , https%3A%2F%2Fwww.healthshots.com%2Ffitness%2Fstaying-fit%2F6-workout-partner-exercises-you-can-do-with-your-father%2F